There is no denying that summer is the most popular time to go on holiday, which can leave many businesses with a lot of employees taking annual leave at the same time. This can put a strain on workloads and make running a business a lot more complex, but hiring temporary staff can help in a significant way. When you are in need of more help, temporary staff are there to pick up the slack. There are a number of benefits that come with hiring temp and interim staff, some of which we have listed below.
Why Should You Hire Temp Staff Over Summer?
- Quick Recruitment Process– When you hire temp staff, you don’t have to worry about a long and complicated recruitment process. You can have a temp employee signed up and ready to go within a matter of days, allowing you to spread the workload as soon as possible. Those who are applying for temporary positions are aware that the industry moves quickly, and so they are usually keen to get stuck in straight away.
- Experts at a Lower Cost– There are a lot of experienced and talented interim staff out there, and hiring temp employees for the summer allows you to take advantage of their capabilities. Whilst your existing employees can focus on managing their own tasks, you can rely on skilled and expert temp staff to focus on other aspects of the business. This is a lot more affordable than hiring another full time member of staff and you “pay as you go” rather than having heavy upfront costs. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that hiring temp agency staff means hiring someone without relevant industry experience.
- Potential Future Employee– Regardless of how much effort you put into the recruitment process, interviewing and assessing a candidate doesn’t always result in the right person for the job. When you hire temp staff, both parties have the chance to “try before you buy” to see what an individual is like in the workplace. If someone really impresses you, you could consider offering them a permanent position, without having to go through a lengthy recruitment process from start to finish.
- Cover Lengthy Absences– As well as employees heading off on holiday, there are other reasons as to why an employee might be off for an extended period of time. They could be taking maternity or paternity leave, or they may become ill, require surgery or be on a sabbatical. When this happens, temp staff can seamlessly fill the role until they return. It’s a great way to ensure the business keeps on running, without having to worry about missing a vital pair of hands.
- Extra support while permanent staff are on secondment or working on business Business projects, changes to structure, systems and processes can alllead to existing team members being tied up on important projects. What happens to the all-important business as usual? Hiring a temp can help support the team and keep the wheels moving forward whilst other projects are tackled.
When you utilise the services of a temp agency, hiring temporary and interim staff is simple. You can draw on the skills and experience of temp staff as and when you need them, knowing that you aren’t committed to hiring them on a long term basis.
As temporary and interim recruitment experts, Cherry are well equipped to find you professional, reliable and talent staff to cover your summer needs. Get in touch for a casual chat about how we can help you.