An Assistant Financial Accountant will support the Financial Accountant and/or Financial Controller with day to day duties such as compiling external financial, tax, company and statutory reporting.
What makes a successful Assistant Financial Accountant?
Usually Assistant Financial Accountants are very good at organising and prioritising tasks, as the role is fast paced and demanding.
Responsibilities of a Assistant Financial Accountant:
- Carry out routine month end processes including accruals, prepayments, preparation of balance sheets and cashflow.
- Filing of all statutory reporting
- Completing the UK & overseas corporation tax packs
- Preparation of month end consolidated Balance Sheet
- Preparation of month end cashflow
- Completing the posting and reconciliation of accruals and prepayments
- Monthly reconciliation of balances
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Reconciliation of stock balances to stock reports
Advanced excel skills are a basic requirement for this role, and employers will look for skills such as Pivot Tables. These skills can be tested at interview stage!
Usually Assistant Financial Accountants will be studying towards CIMA/ACCA with a view to becoming a qualified Financial Accountant.
Salaries in the East Midlands are around £25,000 for an Assistant Financial Accountant.