Assistant Accountants are responsible for supporting the finance department, accountant, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. This can include preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
What makes a successful Assistant Accountant?
Assistant Accountants should be familiar with data entry, be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, have strong organisational skills, have excellent communication skills and be meticulous in their approach.
Assistant Accountant responsibilities:
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Managing company ledgers
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies, and bank deposits
- Preparing annual budgets