Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a full time, permanent Legal Secretary for their Nottingham based client.
The role of Legal Secretary, will be to join a team of secretaries collectively providing a full secretarial service to a busy commercial property department and to assist Solicitors to complete work, and thereby meet client needs / objectives.Duties to include:
- Audio typing via digital dictation system of letters, correspondence, leases, land registry transfers, contracts, licenses, tenancies and attendance notes.
- Copy typing draft to finished items.
- Preparing official forms for searches and applications to the Land Registry.
- Carrying out on-line pre-contract searches
- Scheduling deeds and requesting receipt upon dispatch
- Answering external calls to fee earners and assisting with client enquiries if possible.
- Opening and distributing incoming post each day
- Processing incoming cheques and acknowledgments.
- Maintaining diary and brought forward system to ensure clients / matters are reviewed and to act as a reminder to the Solicitors.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents as and when required.
- Maintaining diary and arranging appointments, meetings and lunches as required.
- Preparing draft bills, including disbursements from billing guides.
- Preparing relevant forms for accounts including payment requests, etc.
- File closures.
- Arranging Travel/ Accommodation
- Any other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Team
Skills and Qualifications
- Always work in a cross functional manner as is necessary to meet the Company goals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Other roles that you may have applied for include Legal Secretary, Legal Administrator
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.