Document Production Assistant / Audio Typist
Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a PART TIME, Document Production Assistant / Audio Typist for their Nottingham based client. The hours of work will be 16.00pm - 20.00pm.
The role will be to work within the Shared Services team to provide a professional, high quality and efficient document production service to all departments within the firm. Shared Services handles the processing of audio, hard copy and email work requests and provides expert assistance to the firm in relation to resolving problem or corrupt documents.
Duties to include:
- Prioritising and processing all work requests, to include audio transcription of legal correspondence and documents
- Producing and amending business critical documents with speed and accuracy, to include pleadings, reports, cost spreadsheets, organisational charts and PowerPoint presentations
- Creating, editing and reformatting all correspondence and documents in line with the firm's precedents, templates and house style
- Advanced document revision including document comparison (Workshare), formatting, styling, cross referencing and table of contents
- Proof reading and checking all work for spelling, grammar, formatting, presentation and sense, including that generated by server based speech recognition
- Proactively working with other members of the team to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet internal and external clients' expectations and deadlines
- Proactively clarifying instructions with legal departments/team leader should they be unclear or if deadlines are not made explicit
- Proactively sharing information in relation to document best practice and 'fixes' to document problems, consistent with the team's overall aim for excellence in accuracy and efficiency
- To ensure effective and efficient handover of work between shifts
- To be flexible in meeting the needs of the team and the business e.g. occasional shift changes (with reasonable notice) to accommodate team meetings, training sessions etc.
- Fast and accurate audio typing, minimum of 65 wpm
- Previous experience of working in a legal environment is essential
- An expert user of key software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Workshare and Visio) taking responsibility for any training needs to improve relevant skills needed to meet the needs of the business
- Experience of using a document management/case management system
Other roles that you may have applied for include Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant, Legal Administrator.
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.