Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer for their East Midlands based client. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their skills and experience within procurement, this is a hands-on role covering many different aspects, including the sourcing and buying of product and management of suppliers.
- Supporting the Procurement Manager
- Preparing and issuing request for quotation and purchase orders to suppliers
- Provide purchasing support to ensure that quotes are prepared in a timely manner
- Day to day purchasing activities
- Research best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery, schedules and quality
- Maintaining & updating purchasing data on to the system
- Maintain & develop relationships
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Minimum of 2 years buying experience - ideally within a manufacturing environment, but other sectors will be considered
- An enthusiastic individual, self-motivated, works under their own initiative.
- Ability to foster and build relationships.
- Strong analytical cost skills, attention to detail.
- Knowledge of consignment Stock/Warehouse procedures
- Willingness to accept ownership of difficult issues.
- Microsoft Office experience including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Outlook
- Motivated, driven, able to work alone or as part of a cross functional team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytically and numerically astute.
Other roles you may have applied for include, Supply Chain Assistant, Procurement Assistant, Trainee Buyer.
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.