HR Shared Services Manager
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Job DescriptionDue to an internal promotion Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a full time, permanent, Shared Services Manager for their Nottingham based client.
You will be responsible for the provision of a transactional and first line advisory HR support service across the UK sites and work with senior stakeholders to continually review and enhance the service offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensuring the development and continuous improvement of effective and efficient processes for the completion of HRtransactional activities which support the whole employee life cycle, utilising the functionality within the system to automate them where possible, including:
- Recruitment & Offers of employment
- Employee changes
- Absence Management
- Maternity / Paternity / other leave requests
- Disciplinary, Capability and Grievance's
- Performance Management
- HR or business-related projects
- Production of ad-hoc reports
- Ensuring the system holds accurate data through use of effective end-to-end processes
- Working with the wider HR community to identify areas where the systems functionality can be used to enhance the service offered by the team
- Ensuring all HR policies, procedures and supporting documents and available to managers, whilst undertaking regular reviews to ensure they remain up to date, relevant and compliant
- Monitoring and ensure adherence to group policies and procedures and compliance with relevant UK legislative requirements
- Working with the wider HR team to develop and support the delivery of management workshops and training programmes
- Developing, publishing and monitoring performance against appropriate SLA's and KPI's
- Developing and producing a suite of reports and MI that support business decision making and demonstrate the effectiveness of the HR Shared Service Centre
- Managing processes and systems for the recording and management of absence
- Working closely with the Payroll Manager to ensure effective end to end processes are in place and working effectively between the 2 teams
- Leading and supporting the delivery of HR and business projects
- Managing the relationship with third party suppliers and their performance against contractual SLA's, through regular contract review meetings
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement which improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and delivers consistently high levels of customer service.
- Supporting and developing the team by acting as an escalation point for complex issues
- Enhancing the offering of the HR Shared Service Centre by working with key stakeholders to identify activities which can be effectively transitioned into the team
- Ensuring that all work produced by the team is accurate whilst also being in line with agreed and published SLA's, in terms of quality and timeliness
- Coaching and developing the team to help them in reaching their full potential, identifying training needs and other opportunities for them to grow
- Proven stand-alone HR Generalist experience within a similar environment.
- A numerate, commercially driven self-starter, with a practical business oriented style and the personality and skill-set to manage an HR service across multi-sites.
- Good influencing and management coaching skills are essential.
- Must have strong understanding of UK employment law and experience of dealing with Unions in respect of formal consultation activities and negotiation.
- Job-holders must be willing to travel on a regular basis across the UK as required in the course of their duties. Knowledge of safety, quality and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
- Educated to degree level in HR or Business related qualification.
- A Chartered member of the CIPD or working towards.
Other roles that you may have applied for include, Shared Services Manager, HR Manager, HR Generalist
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.