Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a full time, permanent, HR Manager for their Derbyshire based client. You will be required to lead and manage the HR Operations team on a daily basis and through varying initiatives that will improve both manager and employee experience.
This is a hands on role and you will be working closely with the HR leadership team and collaborate with all areas across HR.
- You will be responsible for leading a team to provide a transactional and first line advisory support service to employees and line managers.
- You will be the operational compliance lead for designated areas such as safeguarding and immigration.
- Overseeing the HR Operations team you will work with them to drive performance, ensure compliance and deliver an exceptional customer service.
- Reviewing and providing new solutions and processes to support the provision of the HR professional service.
- You will advise, coach, up-skill and lead the HR Operations team that results in the delivery of a knowledgeable, competent and motivated Operations team.
- Accountable for ensuring the accurate and consistent delivery of key transactional HR activities.
- Manage and oversee the administration of the monthly payroll elements.
- In house HR Operations experience of several years
- Experience of working closely with an HR team
- Experience of line managing
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Attention to detail and experience of delivering high quality service in a fast paced environment
- A solid understanding of current UK employment law and visa / work permit rights
- Driven, with a hands-on attitude and flexible approach
- Ability to drive change and adapt a flexible working approach
- Strong communication and negotiating skills, comfortable challenging the status quo and influencing
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to build rapid credibility
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence key stakeholders, peers and senior management
- Up to date with employment law that impacts the employee life cycle
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus whilst maintaining strong relationships
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Solutions focused and manages risks appropriately
- Strong team player and willing to help others as required
- CIPD Full qualification or willingness to obtain within 2 years
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.