£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
8 days ago
Tendering & Contracts Engineer - Nottingham - Salary £25k - £30k - Permanent
Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a Tendering & Contracts Engineer for their Nottingham based client.
Your role will be to have direct communication with established and potential customers for the promotional sale of the company products and services.
Evaluation, preparation and submission of tender quotations for the active supply of mechanical and electrical equipment from the current product range incorporating external sources for goods and services when applicable.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To generally support and assist the Internal Sales Manager to achieve the directives set out by the Company
- Evaluate and analyse customer enquiries, specifications, system calculations, providing product selection, costing data against requirements, preparation and submission of completed tenders by the required return date.
- Liaison with other internal/external departments, as necessary, to obtain the required information and data to complete tender submissions.
- Computer data input, including cost line detail, marketing data, customer data, and any Framework Agreement or reporting data.
- Adhering to the margin policy for the set authorisation levels within the Tendering Section of the Internal Sales Department.
- Reviewing customer Terms and Conditions and referring back to the Senior Commercial Manager, wherever there is a variance within standard department limitation clauses and practices.
- Preparation of quotations against all types of customer enquiries, Framework supply, including full specification and high complexity projects.
- Attending of meetings as required prior to contract award.
- Ensuring that all quotations and subsequent correspondence are copied, saved to the appropriate tender file and computer folder& allocated to the enquiry
- Liaison with the customer, Area Sales Managers and Field Sales Engineers
- Reviewing customer orders prior to pre-transfer to a Contract to ensure details are accurate.
- Competent in the use of 3D CAD (Creo)
- Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Desirable degree or equivalent in an engineering related field.
- Desirable 2 years in the pump industry or 5 years in mechanical design, experience in municipal water industry.
- Desirable skills in Mechanical design, tolerancing, project management, self-management, understanding of pump fundamentals, CAD Engineering, drafting, customer service, negotiation, knowledge of different pump types, contracting, attention to detail and ownership of own work.
- Licence/certification - Certification in any CAD software.
Cherry Proessional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.