£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + Bonus, pension, benefits
2 months ago
Our client is a leading retail client based in Derby are looking for an Indirect Tax Accountant. The role will suit someone who is qualified with a proven track record in accounting.
The business is market leading brand in their industry sector and is a changing business.
- Prepare and submit statutory returns for HMRC, VAT returns
- Undertaking a detailed quarterly VAT Return
- Providing feedback to the senior management team on any VAT processing errors identified as part of your review and providing any training points which will then be fed back to the AP team.
- Responding to any VAT queries raised by team.
- Working alongside the Finance team, you will provide tax based assistance to update and maintain any VAT or Expenses Guidelines as required.
- The role will also entail a degree of project/compliance work which will broadly cover identification of potential areas for VAT Recovery, including managing the claim process through to completion with HMRC and managing individual VAT related projects
- Ensure compliance with current legislation ensuring any changes are implemented
To be successful you ideally you will be ACA, CTA or ACCA qualified and could be a candidate looking to make a first move into commerce and industry or equally an Accountant who is experienced in indirect Tax looking to gain a broad working knowledge of Tax in a supportive environment.