£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + + Bonus, pension, benefits
about 1 year ago
Seeking a senior Tax accountant in Derby.
This is an opportunity to join our client in a key position within their management team. The role would best suit a qualified ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA looking to make the move from practice to industry. The business in return will provide the opportunity to forge an extremely rewarding career amid a period of significant change which will challenge and stretch the Tax function. You will enjoy a high degree of variety and plenty of scope to develop and progress
Our client is a leading Manufacturing company based in North Derby and is a market leading brand in their industry sector.
Duties will include:
- Prepare and submit statutory returns for HMRC, VAT returns
- Undertaking a detailed quarterly VAT Return
- Providing feedback to the senior management team on any VAT processing errors identified as part of your review and providing any training points which will then be fed back to the AP team.
- Responding to any VAT queries raised by team.
- Working alongside the Finance team, you will provide tax based assistance to update and maintain any VAT or Expenses Guidelines as required.
- The role will also entail a degree of project/compliance work which will broadly cover identification of potential areas for VAT Recovery, including managing the claim process through to completion with HMRC and managing individual VAT related projects
- Ensure compliance with current legislation ensuring any changes are implemented
To be successful you ideally be a qualified accountant or Tax specialist and either looking to make a first move into commerce and industry or equally an Accountant who is experienced and looking to gain a broad working knowledge in a supportive environment.