£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager for their respected client based near Ollerton.
You will be responsible for the movement of products from manufacturers and suppliers to the customer. This includes a number of key functions including procurement, logistics, warehousing, assembly and inventory management / control.
Key and direct areas of responsibility
- Supplier management and all product purchasing to meet work order demands, lead times and pricing targets
- Maintain, monitor and control stock levels and accuracy in the warehouse and across the business
- Track, trace and monitor rental assets out in the field and on site
- Controlling production assembly and delivery processes
- Responsible for raising product purchase orders, receipting goods and matching invoices accordingly
- Management of carriage and haulage contracts
- Management of minimum stock quantities and forecasting
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Managing and motivating a small warehouse team focused on delivering the highest level of customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
- Arrange the collection and subsequent invoicing of recyclable materials from sites nationwide
- Positive and customer focused link between all stakeholders
- Contribute to the success of the business and have strong commercial acumen to exploit cost down / cost avoidance opportunities
- A value added approach working with stakeholders across the business
- Responsible for meeting goals / objectives and KPI's
- Review aspects/areas for improvement and implementation
- Maximise cost savings/ cost avoidance
- Maximise the efficiency's of transactional requirements
- Cost and buying efficiency's
- Stock turn, availability and accuracy
- Lead times vs target
- Budgetary control
- Process improvement
Competency and person Specification:
- Multi-year experience in procurement and inventory management within a manufacturing or distribution environment. Sector experience would be a distinct advantage
- An enthusiastic individual, self-motivated, works under their own initiative.
- Ability to foster and build relationships.
- Strong analytical cost skills, attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Stock/Warehouse procedures
- Willingness to accept ownership of difficult issues.
- Experience of maximising cost savings/ cost avoidance and efficiency's
- Passionate about negotiations and improving purchasing relationships
- Great at building relationships and driving value from our procurement activities
- All round commercial business awareness
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- IT literate - specifically MS Office packages and working with other software packages (such as SAGE, Salesforce, Service Max)
- Microsoft Office experience including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Outlook;
- Motivated, driven, able to work alone or as part of a cross functional team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Analytically and numerically astute.
You will ideally have a short notice period or be immediatly available.
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.