£60000 - £65000 per annum
6 months ago
Cherry Professional are currently supporting a leading Nottingham based business in their search for a Strategic Finance Manager. This is a high profile and challenging role that's far from traditional reporting - you'll help shape the direction of the organisation. As your insight takes the business to new and exciting places, your career will follow.
The team play a critical role in Group strategy, you will lead a small team responsible for looking at key group-wide projects as well as a multitude of ad-hoc business case and investment appraisals and analysis projects.
In addition to the above, the main responsibilities of the Strategic Finance Manager include
* Apply your commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results, considering both the short and long term.
* Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting and group reporting). Challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality.
* Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
* Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders.
* Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
* Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder.
Who the client is looking for…
* The business will consider a number of backgrounds including, a candidate straight from Practice (ACA/ACCA), a Practice trained candidate with experience within a commercial finance position in industry (ACMA) or an industry trained candidate with a wealth of commercial knowledge.
* The successful candidate must be bright, commercially astute and hungry to succeed in a fast paced, high growth entrepreneurial business.
* An ambitious and confident candidate will exceed in this dynamic, rapidly expanding company. Your role will evolve dramatically within year one, from a hands-on role on day one, to a more strategic and operationally focused role after 6 months. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is keen to make an impact within an evolving business that has embarked on significant period of change.
* Exceptional excel model usability - the ability to use an appropriate richness of data in a model and create something which is easy to understand, and update by non-modeller users.
Demonstrable work experience of designing, building and populating financial models
* Strong academic record, Degree Educated
* Up to £65,000 basic salary
* 15% Bonus based on individual and company performance
* 8% Matched Pension
* Flexible working - opportunity to work from home
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.