£38000 - £42000.00 per annum
27 days ago
Statutory Accountant | Large Organisation | Flexible Working | North Leicestershire
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000 + bonus
Are you an ACA Qualified Accountant currently in practice and considering your 1st move to industry?
Are you a recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with Statutory Accounting experience looking to progress your career with a greater responsibility, a larger organisation with more growth potential or indeed further develop your team management experience?
The role offers a good opportunity to get into a large accounting function within a global multi territory organisation with plenty of room for career development. The staff turnover is relatively low and the majority of staff members enjoy a long and successful tenure.
The environment is open and friendly. Views on working practices are modern therefore flexible working and part time opportunities will be considered.
What sort of things might you be getting involved in?
- Oversee and ensure compliance with month / year end closing
- Prepare yearly statutory accounts and supporting documents audit
- Responsibility for ensuring that General Ledger activities are completed accurately and within agreed deadlines
- Manage internal and external audit visits and requirements relating to General Ledger; including preparation of reports, schedules and procedures as per agreed timetable
- Develop the skills to manage the resource within the allocated General Ledger team and supervise 2 direct reports
What do you need to apply?
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Knowledge of GL accounting principles, activities and processes.
- Knowledge of local statutory accounting rules.
- Awareness of IFRS 101 and relevant standards
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence senior management and team members.
- Good communications skills, including the confidence to challenge and question if needed.
Interested? Please get in touch to discuss or click apply now.