£40000 - £43000 per annum
0115 922 2240
18 days ago
SME FP&A Manager | North Derbyshire | Offering up to £43,000 + Benefits
In this high profile role you will act as a Finance Business Partner to the internal commercial & operational teams, providing high-quality financial support, you will also develop and produce insightful financial information, identify issues and make recommendations that will improve performance including investment appraisal of potential new commercial ventures.
The FD isn't fussed about someone having all the experience, she's looking for raw talent, someone who is super inquisitive who will effectively challenge the business, someone who can business partner their other wider operations. This is a brand new role which will be supporting the FD as a number 2.
Are they budgeting and forecasting effectively? Are they overcomplicating things? Do they have the right infrastructure in place? They don't currently have an official structure in place which she would like to implement, with standardised timetables / inputs etc.
They're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. They're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make meaningful impact.
They are building out financial systems to support all of their smaller operations, so finance can get a granular view and understanding of how a business is crafted from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of the business to continue growing.
Our client is looking for an ambitious candidate who can provide the very best financial support and challenge the business where appropriate. Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Engage with business leaders in the company to establish robust, effective and dynamic planning & budgeting processes including regular reporting and variance review
- Develop insight and analysis, ensuring the provision of forward-looking data to enable business decision making
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis
- Collect and consolidate the financial results of the business
- Collaborating across all departments to drive performance and value add
- Supporting on any new merger and acquisition activities; and ensuring robust financial controls, reviewing and implementing improvements where required.
- Own the local month-end process and consolidate the group numbers
- Get involved in projects that revolve around best practice and continuous performance initiatives
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with related post-qualification experience preferably in FP&A/consolidation exposure.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:-
- Strong systems and Excel skills
- Substantial experience of financial analysis
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships and to use these relationships to get results.
- The ability to challenge senior stakeholders and operate with appropriate impact and influence
What’s on offer…
- Salary will be up to £43,000 + Bonus + Benefits
- VERY flexible working - Home & Office based, you'll effectively manage your own diary
Jobs you may have applied for include Finance Business Partner, Senior Business Partner, Finance Manager, Commercial Finance Manager.