Up to £20000.00 per annum
12 months ago
IT Service Desk Engineer - Permanent - Nottingham - £20k
Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for an IT Service Desk Engineer for their client based in Nottingham City Centre. Your role will be to provide effective technical support and high levels of customer service to clients.
It will involve handling and resolving desktop/laptop/printer/application issues and basic network/server troubleshooting with administration.
As IT Service Desk Engineer you will be required to communicate effectively with the client and manage technical queries in line with company standards and customer specific SLAs.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years' experience in a similar technical role, although candidates who can demonstrate a track record of fast paced learning may be considered.
IT Service Desk Engineer - Experience / Key Skills:
- IT infrastructure support working across a range of up to date technologies including Office 365, Exchange 2013, Windows 10, Active Directory, Mac OS and Apple iOS
- Logical and methodical problem-solving skills
- Ability to convey technical issues simply to end users
- Understanding of customer service skills showing empathy confirming understanding, effective listening etc
- Awareness of ITIL
IT Service Desk Engineer - Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support services to clients. Resolve issues in a competent manner whilst communicating professionally with the customer and other members of the team.
- To prioritise, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer specific service level agreements.
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team E.g. Service Transitions.
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity.
- Maintain personal qualifications and skill sets and ensure training is completed in line with the business and personal needs. Essential Security Checks
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment checks
- Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Security Check (SC)
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.