£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
3 months ago
SERVICE DESK MANAGER - NOTTINGHAM - PERMANENT - SALARY - £30K - £35K
Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a Service Desk Manager for their respected client based in Nottingham City Centre.
Your role will be the overall management of the 1st and 2nd line team leaders, ensuring that the team continue to deliver the expected level of IT support to the legal/central support teams.
You will take ownership for IT incidents where a higher level of management is required and act as an escalation point for the Service Desk utilising ITSM processes and tools that you have available.
- Focus on the day to day management of the 1st and 2nd line team leaders including coaching, mentoring and appraisals in liaison with the with the Technical Operations Manager
- Management of critical incidents and associated internal client communications
- Incident analysis and KPI reporting to the Technical Manager and wider IT Exec team as appropriate
- Manage and collaborate with 3rd party suppliers in liaison with the Technical Operations Manager when appropriate and ensure their performance is in line with our agreed support agreement
- Continually measure, monitor and work to drive down incident levels
- Define service levels for the team and ensure they are achieved so that client expectations are exceeded
- Ensure that the service desk teams follow policy and processes in line with ISO requirements
- Continually undertake reviews of the knowledge management system and ensure that it is updated on a regular basis
- Take ownership of the departments change process and chair the weekly CAB meetings
- Close liaison with IT project managers in order to prepare for the release of new IT solutions and ensuring the service desk are able to support them effectively
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Personal drive with a passionate, engaging, encouraging and motivating approach
- Ability to prioritise and deliver tasks in a high pressure commercially focused environment is essential
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to translate technical information to none technical people
- Effective manager, interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Demonstrated experience leading, influencing, negotiating and problem solving
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.