£70000 - £80000 per annum
8 months ago
Cherry Professional are currently supporting a leading Nottingham based business in their search for a Senior Strategic Finance Manager. This is a high profile and challenging role that's far from traditional reporting - you'll help shape the direction of the organisation. As your insight takes the business to new and exciting places, your career will follow.
The team play a critical role in Group strategy, you will lead a small team responsible for looking at key group-wide projects as well as a multitude of ad-hoc business case and investment appraisals and analysis projects.
The Strategic Finance Manager will be joining to advise senior management on the financial impacts of major decisions on the group's funding strategy, funding requirements, including M&A activity, financing initiatives and changes to financing strategy.
In addition to the above, the main responsibilities of the Senior Strategic Manager include:
- Contributing to the long-term group financing strategy
- Analysing the financial impacts on major decisions on the Group's funding strategy, including M&A and BD activities
- Providing strategic analysis, competitive intelligence and scenario thinking / modelling to drive strategic action
- Supporting the M&A team on approaches to funding, providing analytical advice for financial transactions and guidance on the economic evaluation of projects
- Track industry, technology and market trends, developing future market scenarios
- Provide group wide financial plans and budgets for funding, interest and dividends
Who the client is looking for…
The business will consider a number of backgrounds including, a candidate straight from the Big 4 (Senior Manager/Assistant Director who has trained within Corporate Finance/Deals) or a Practice trained candidate with experience within a commercial finance position in industry. The successful candidate must be bright, commercially astute and hungry to succeed in a fast paced, high growth entrepreneurial business.
An ambitious and confident candidate will exceed in this dynamic, rapidly expanding company. Your role will evolve dramatically within year one, from a hands-on role on day one, to a more strategic and operationally focused role after 6 months. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is keen to make an impact within an evolving business that has embarked on significant period of change.
Up to £80,000 basic salary + 6k Car Allowance
Private Medical Cover
25% Bonus based on individual and company performance
Flexible working - opportunity to work from home
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.