£42000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Senior Management Accountant - Nottingham - Offering up to £45,000 + Benefits
An exciting career opportunity to lead a management accounts team of 2 people for a fast growth, Nottingham based business, providing management information and commercial advice to the senior leadership team of a business that turns over in excess of £25m.
This is a great career move for an ambitious Management Accountant looking to run, grow and develop their own team within a business that has experienced 20% growth year on year for the last 3 years. There is a clearly defined career path to step into a Finance Manager role within two years for the right person.
They are offering up to £45,000 basic + 10% Bonus + further benefits
The Hiring Manager describes the role as:
"A critical hire for the business at this stage of its growth. We are looking for someone who wants to put their own mark on an already high performing team, someone who will thrive in a fast paced, busy and sometimes challenging environment. The role involves a significant amount of senior leadership interaction, so we are looking for someone incredibly commercial who will enjoy the challenge of working alongside the entrepreneurial directors"
To successfully deliver in this high-profile position, you will need to have a proven track record working as a Management Accountant within the SME sector, as well as:
- Fully qualified CIMA, ACCA OR ACA qualified with relevant management accounts experience;
- Experience of working in a fast growth, SME environment;
- Advanced Excel Skills;
- An enthusiastic & pro-active attitude;
- Excellent communication & influencing skills;
- High attention to detail.
- Previous supervisory or people management experience an advantage
- Previous experience of cost controlling, ideally within a project based business
You will be responsible for the following:
- The main focus of the position is to ensure the accurate production of management accounts and submitting P&L and balance sheet for relevant business areas.
- You will be responsible for producing robust forecasts and budgets and building strong relationships across the business.
- One thing the current FD can promise with this role is variety, so in addition to this he is looking for someone who can help him to implement improvements and efficiencies across all of their processes.
- You will be exposed to projects at a very senior level, so with this in mind you will need to be technically strong with the ability to take the lead. Alongside this you will be managing, developing and recruiting for the team as it grows
Jobs you may have applied for may include Management Accountant, Finance Analyst, Qualified Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Finance Manager.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.