£50000 per annum
20 days ago
Cherry Professional are currently looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant for a forward thinking and innovative service led business based in Mansfield. This ethically led organisation has a number of different focuses and as a result offers a varied and interesting workload. Would you like to work somewhere that genuinely values their employees? Is a good work life balance high up on the agenda when you’re considering your next move? Do you like the idea of working towards being ready for a Head of Finance position in 18 – 24 months? If so then we’d love to hear from you.
As the Senior Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the production of the companies financial accounts, maintaining strong and effective financial controls as well as overseeing the management of payroll for the organisation. You will be managing a small team of 4 and you will report directly to the Head Of Finance.
The day to day...
- Lead, develop and support the Financial Accounts and payroll team.
- Manage the production of the financial accounts in line with HM Treasury’s FReM and IFRS.
- Lead the production of the annual reports and accounts.
- Present Audit and Risk Assurance Committee papers when required.
-Ensure all tax matters are compliant with HMRC requirements.
- Manage an effective and controlled environment making sure all financial records are maintained appropriately.
- Stay up to date with changes to accounting standards.
- Monthly review and sign off of trail balance, balance sheet, audit reports and supporting reconciliations.
- Oversee and support the payroll manager to deliver an effective company-wide payroll service.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Support with the co-ordination of both internal and external audits.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Preparation of IFRS financial accounts.
- Previous experience operating in an effective financial control environment.
- Strong knowledge of tax related matters.
- Proficient using both financial and IT systems.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and report writing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Enhanced holiday (up to 36 days)
- Market leading pension
- Wellbeing programme
- Very flexible working - opportunity to work from home 2 days a week, flexible hours when in the office.
Jobs you may have applied for: Financial Accountant, Principal Financial Accountant and Reporting Accountant
This job is commutable from Nottingham, Mansfield, Newark, Chesterfield, Derby and Worksop.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.