£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Senior Audit Manager | Midlands | | Global Travel Opportunities | Salary up to £55,000 + competitive package +
Cherry Professional are delighted to be recruiting this opportunity on behalf of the client.
One of the most competitive audit based roles we have seen on the market this year. The role sits within a progressive, dynamic and high performing Internal Audit and Risk Management team to manage the delivery of risk-based audits and value-add advisory work across all areas of the business.
The client going through a sustained period of international growth and success. With growth and change comes significant opportunity but also risks to the business including online growth, increasing regulatory compliance, technological change/Cyber security, Brexit etc. Internal audit is ideally placed to support the business through this period of change.
This is a great opportunity to be play a key role in taking the business to the next level of their strategic plan, broaden your experience and knowledge of the business. You'll have exposure and engagement with Executive and other senior stakeholders across the business, ability to manage your own time and workload and manage the delivery of value added audits to all areas of the business. With experience of working within Audit, Finance or Compliance, this role would suit someone with a practice background looking to develop their industry experience within a commercial setting.
Summary of the Role
- Define the internal audit performance metrics
- Asses the best methods for evaluating controls, (self-assessment, local audits, declarations)
- Conduct audit fieldwork locally
- Summarise and present audit results to stakeholders
- External audit
- Control failures
- Update and promote internal policy and regulatory compliance
- Management and mentorship or junior members of staff
- Ad-hoc work with Group Finance
- Primarily based in the East Midlands with plenty of global travel opportunity
- Business partnering senior stakeholders (Senior Director and above) across the business
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Ideally practice trained with exposure to global clients (Manufacturing, Engineering, Industrial)
- Relevant Audit / Assurance Experience
- Strong business partnering skills - articulate, excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with strong written and oral communication
- Team leadership and coaching experience
- The ability to identify and take opportunities to develop self, colleagues and peers
- Experience of leading functional priorities, innovation and change initiatives
- Commercial awareness and ability to deliver added value advisory work
- Integrity, credibility and ability/desire to drive cultural change across the organisation
- A disciplined self-starter who will take a proactive approach to their work
In addition to a highly competitive basic salary you will also receive a very generous benefits package and wider company perks.