£25000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Study Support
26 days ago
Are you an experienced accountant working in a private practise and looking for a change of scenery at a company that will give you more independence and scope, yet still provide you with an office environment that feels like a family?
Or are you towards the beginning of your practise journey and looking for a company that can provide you with the support and guidance needed to advance and grow? This includes being able to support further study in AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
Cherry professional are currently working with a North Nottinghamshire based private practise who are seeking to find a keen Semi-Senior (Or Senior) accountant with previous experience within a similar practise environment. The nature of this experience is flexible however, with applicants who are either experienced and qualified in accounts desired, as well as accountants on the more junior end and part way through studies.
This client will be willing to offer a competitive salary where the successful applicant will feel valued and appreciated.
On top of this package, the role will give the applicant great exposure to a range of clients who you will be able to liaise with regularly to discuss their financials.
ROLE: SEMI SENIOR ACCOUNTANT / SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
LOCATION: NORTH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
SALARY: BETWEEN £25,000 - £45,000 (Dependant on experience) + STUDY SUPPORT
THE JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Production of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Liaising with clients to discuss their financials and assist with systems integration.
- Preparation of Tax computations.
- Managing your own portfolio of clients.
- Mentoring junior members of staff.
It is not crucial that you have experience with all of the tasks above, training is available. However, it is important that you have:
- 1+ years’ experience working within a private practice.
- Either actively studying towards AAT/ACA/ACCA/CIMA, already qualified or qualified by experience.
- Have a good understanding of VAT, Tax and accounts preparation.
- Good excel skills and accountancy systems knowledge. (Sage and Xero experience is a bonus).
- A keen to learn attitude.
If this all sounds like the right next step for you in your career, please do not hesitate and apply today. You don’t want to miss out!
Similar roles you may have also expressed an interest in include: Senior Accountant, Junior Accountant, Trainee Accountant, Client Accountant, Project Accountant, Practice Accountant, Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Assistant Financial Accountant.
This role is commutable from: Nottinghamshire, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, Newark.