about 1 month ago
Purchase Ledger Clerk - Derby - Negotiable
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk in Derby who has experience of working within a busy Purchase Ledger Team. The role will involve working closely with an Accounts Assistant and Finance Assistant, but reporting to the Financial Controller.
Our client are a successful construction company, with a fine reputation in the region.
The role will include:
- Coding Purchase Invoices to correct Nominal codes and Cost Codes.
- Ensuring Invoices are marked to correct Jobs for Job Costing Purposes.
- To Assist in Marking-Up Purchase Invoices, where required, from the Purchase Order System and Internal Systems
- Processing Material, Plant, Vehicle and Fuel Invoices onto Sage.
- Getting Material, Plant, Vehicle and Fuel Invoice Files ready for final checking.
- Reconciling Supplier Statements monthly
- Matching Statements to Sage Aged Creditors Monthly.
- Processing Payment Runs through Sage and producing reports for Bank Payments to be processed.
- Requesting and matching Proof of Deliveries/Tickets.
- Logging of Queries onto Sage and Excel.
- Dealing with Queries on an ongoing basis with Suppliers and the Operations Department.
- Ensuring all Invoices are 'Approved for Payment' before processing payment runs.
- Doing both weekly and monthly payment runs, and in certain circumstances additional payment runs.
- Deal with supplier enquiries on the telephone and email.
Sending Remittance Advice Notes and Query Logs to Suppliers.
- Must be IT literate and have good keyboard skills - experience of Excel is essential.
- Experience of Sage desirable, but not essential.
- Must possess a good telephone manner.Must be able to conduct themselves appropriately in an open plan office environment.
- Must be methodical and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working within a finance department and purchase ledger essential.
- Must possess a 'can-do' attitude and be able to adapt to changes and pick up new processes quickly and efficiently.
- A robust approach to relationships and interactions with colleagues and a positive team spirit.
- The finance department is often a lively and pressurised environment and the job holder should recognise and respond positively to this as appropriate.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately and adhere to deadlines.
Jobs you may have applied for include; Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Accounts Payable Clerk and Ledger Clerk
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the Client.