£35000 - £38000 per annum
5 months ago
Cherry Professional are recruiting for a Project Finance Officer on a Part Time basis to join a well-established business in Nottingham.
The client is looking for 28-30 hours a week commitment.
Working across several business units the Project Finance Officer is responsible for ensuring adequate professional advice is offered and that the key financial tasks to ensure project progress comply with the department's requirements.
The successful candidate will face off to senior stakeholders so will require exceptional relationship management skills and confidence to present complex financial information in an informative and succinct way.
- Use of financial analysis to support decision-making and facilitate change by working closely with a number of different departments across the business.
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance by ensuring processes deliver reliable financial information in a format that enables senior managers to drive performance.
- Bring financial performance challenge to the business areas, providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Responsibility for delivering budgeting and forecasting processes for agreed business areas.
- Preparation and ownership of reliable and informative management and financial reports for senior management, including appropriate variance analysis and cost performance analysis.
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams.
- A strong team player, who is resilient, motivated and not easily discouraged.
- Excellent analytical prowess and an ability to identify trends and relationships across numerous datasets to inform decisions and support recommendations.
- Ability to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
- Highly developed oral, written, and presentation skills, with an ability to communicate financial information effectively to non-finance managers.
- Ability to see value in the information you provide and to inspire others to make use of it.
- Prior experience of working in a similar role, or ability to demonstrate transferable key skills.
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 pro rata
Jobs you may have applied for include Project Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Business Partner, Finance Manager, and Financial Controller.
This job is commutable from Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and Lincoln.