£25000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + pension, 25 days hols etc
3 months ago
Project Accountant - Derby - £25000 - £33000 per annum + pension, 25 days hols etc
Are you an experienced Accountant who specifically enjoys managing accountants for projects?
Join this buoyant and growing engineering business in Derbyshire, where you will be a key member of the Finance team.
As Project Accountant you will report to the Financial Controller and work closely with the Project Managers to monitor progress of projects, investigating variances, reconciling to the General Ledger, and ensuring that Project billings are in line with customer and business requirements.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Ensure you are aware and understand the Projects
- Review overhead charges applied to the projects
- Review timesheets for project related work
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reporting
- Review and challenge Project "Costs to Complete" including variance to budget and forecast
- Ensure billing milestones are correct, and that customer invoices are raised at correct date and value (including CV's and change requests)
- Work with the Project Managers to produce profit reports and cashflow forecasts for Management
- Assist with the administration of the project data held within the ERP system
- Compile information for internal and external auditors
Project Accountant - required qualifications and skills:
You will be QBE or Part-Qualified Accountant with excellent communications skills - with both finance and non-finance personnel at all levels.
Your previous experience should ideally include Project Accounting and Long-term contracts.
You will be numerate and analytical, with an inquisitive nature, assertive when required, be adaptable and have a high degree of integrity.
With a friendly, professional attitude, you will be able to work to tight deadlines, be organised and be able to work on your own initiative.
You will be computer literate, with particularly strong Excel skills ; experience in Microsoft NAV would be an advantage
Attention to detail is key!
Experience of working in international currencies would be an advantage.
NB - Applicants are required to have a full driving license
Other jobs you may be applying for: Assistant Accountant ; Assistant Management Accountant ; Management Accountant ; Part-qualified Accountant
Commutable from : Derby ; Nottingham ; Matlock ; Mansfield ; Long Eaton ; Heanor