People Strategy Director | £70,000 - £80,000 plus benefits | Hybrid / Flexible working | Exclusive to Cherry |
Cherry Professional are pleased to be working with a business that is based in Nottingham, who are going through exciting times of growth and development and are seeking to appoint a dynamic and talented Director of People Strategy to lead the HR Team to provide a comprehensive service across the entire organisation. This role offers flexible working in terms of location.
- The successful candidate will be visionary, decisive and insightful. Supporting and advising the CEO in developing a successful People Strategy.
- They will provide strategic leadership to the HR Team to secure the delivery of a highly competent and effective service which meets the business needs.
- They will be highly knowledgeable in their field and provide a high calibre of guidance and leadership on all areas of HR work and beyond building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will inspire and motive others in the organisation.
- Your strategy will influence how people behave, engage with one another and you will provide strong leadership to a team of professionals who themselves are developing and growing.
- Identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions across the business as well as the central services structure.
- Development of clear, legally compliant and institutionally appropriate HR policies, ensuring relevant consultation and governance.
- Oversee the professional development of support staff and develop a culture of progression.
- Ensuring that leadership receive a high quality and effective HR service to enable the organisation to achieve its current and future business objectives.
- Develop the organisation as an outstanding employer, expanding its role in the region and becoming a leader in the sector for employment practices.
- Be an active member of the Executive Team.
- Monitor effectiveness and legal compliance of all HR policies and manage a systematic review process, leading and/or supporting managers on any necessary staff or trade union consultation processes, ensuring consistency across the organisation. Ensure line managers are kept up to date with changes to any policies and are developed appropriately.
- Manage the provision of appropriate management information reports for HR data to all levels of management.
- Have oversight and be responsible for the Recruitment budget and the Human Resource budget providing direction to long term budgetary needs and leading the day-to-day budget management provided by the HR Managers.
- To lead payroll and associated services.
- Build a strong and collaborative relationship with the CFO to ensure the organisation structures are cost effective, represent value for money and are affordable in the long term.
- Have overall responsibility for recruitment and selection processes and monitoring statistical information as required to develop appropriate and value for money solutions for recruitment and retention.
- Have overall responsibility for the induction arrangements of all new employees, ensuring effective procedures are in place.
- Be responsible and provide advice for the processes for grading new or modified support staff posts, carrying out job evaluations or validations as necessary.
- Be responsible for the management of all HR casework, using HR and education knowledge, including disciplinary and capability issues, grievances, sickness absence management and redundancies. Lead on these matters where appropriate and in the alternative provide advice, guidance and support to senior leaders.
- To ensure that managers and staff receive effective and appropriate advice and support on the implementation and interpretation of HR policies and procedures and on all other human resource issues, including management of staff, remuneration, policy content etc.
- Keep abreast of changes relating to payroll and pension schemes, implementing payroll decisions, negotiating changes to pay from statutory, national, or local pay agreements and proposing and implementing pay rises and increments.
The successful candidate will need to evidence experience of providing inspirational leadership in a demanding environment and can work independently.
Evidence of building deep relationships and being an integral and trusted member of a senior leadership team.
They will need to demonstrate outstanding organisational skills whilst line managing and developing the HR and People Strategy.