£50000 - £55000 per annum
9 months ago
Cherry Professional are working with a high growth, highly successful service business who have just moved into brand new offices in Nottingham. The brand has a strong track record of growth and a notable footprint in Manchester which is now expanding across the UK.
To compliment the level of expansion they are experiencing, they are looking to recruit a part time Finance Director who can support them through there next phase of growth.
Reporting to the MD, you will be supervising a team of two Finance Assistants.
The key objective is to bring the finance function in-house and create a framework which enables future growth. The environment compliments a driven individual who is ambitious, innovative and able to deliver. Sitting within the Senior Management team, this role offers high level exposure and visibility across the business.
The position is currently part-time (16-24) hours per week, with flexibility over 2 or 3 days and requires a qualified accountant with at least 10 years' experience, ideally within a financial management position, including both strategic and operational financial management.
As Finance Director you will be working very closely with the MD and will play a critical role in ensuring the overall effective financial management/reporting and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the organisation.
The day to day…
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of the management accounts and appropriate financial reports
- Managing and overseeing the preparation of all statutory returns, bookkeeping, reconciliations and financial compliance.
- Business Partnering; providing appropriate advice as and when required on business planning, policy setting, strategic decision making and financial forecasting, including financial planning, budgets and forecasting.
- Liaising with the company's IT department on the development and improvement of the accounting systems
- Working closely and proactively with the Operations Manager ensuring that the Finance Function becomes embedded in the business and provides value-add financial advice.
The individual will also thrive in a collaborative environment as well as enjoy working in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating and demanding, yet supportive environment.
The ever growing national footprint of the company will provide great potential for personal challenge and development.
Qualified Accountant, ACA / ACCA / CIMA
Strong technical accounting skills
Commercially experienced with demonstrable financial control experience and an expert user of accounting packages
Able to produce and present financial and management accounts, reports and data for dissemination by non-finance people
Experience of working in an SME is a must
Applicants must be available at short notice, 1 month maximum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre individual, looking for an interesting and challenging role coupled with flexibility.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.