£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + + Bonus + Pension + Flexibility
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen with my client, an established accountancy practice in Derby for an Accounts Manager who will have the opportunity to progress into a Partner position in the near future.
The business has a Partner who is retiring in the next couple of years and you will work alongside and get to know their portfolio of clients so the customers get to know you. It will be a seamless transition of clients over to you.
The practice offers a very friendly and relaxed working environment, including a flexible working pattern. They encourage training, development and progression in a supportive working environment.
The majority of the company's clients are privately owned SME's but they have the occasional larger client who they provide services to.
Responsibilities will include:
- Bookkeeping and management accounts for both audit and non-audit companies, and maintaining the accounting records
- Experience in preparing detailed analysis for clients including departmental reporting and KPI reviews
- Preparation and submission of VAT, EC Sales, Intrastat forms
- Experience in preparing forms P11D, Corporate and Personal tax returns
- Proficient user of SAGE 50, also experienced in SAGE 200.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Managing a team
- First port of call for any queries emanating from the clients
- Local travel to client sites
You will have excellent knowledge of Excel and be a team player with a strong work ethic. A willingness to learn and seek guidance is a must. As well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, you will also possess an inquisitive mind and be good at gathering evidence and solving problems. To be successful you will have some experience in practice, be ACA or ACCA qualified. Qualified by experience candidates with the necessary experience will be considered.