£28000 - £35000.00 per annum + + Study + Benefits
6 months ago
A leading Derby based business are searching for an ambitious and hungry to learn Part qualified Management accountant. Enjoying continued growth in recent years, the business has ambitious plans to capitalise on this success. As a result of growth they are currently seeking to recruit for a new part-qualified to undertake a Management Accountant role. The job opportunity is great if you want to be more of a Finance Business Partner as the job has a lot of work where you will be supporting operations and putting some meaning behind the figures rather than just producing them.
The company are growing and offer a dynamic, enthusiastic and lively environment and would suit someone with a similar outlook.
Job responsibilities will include;
- Production of monthly management accounts
- To provide support to operations to ensure that they understand the accounts and bring meaning to the numbers
- Work with stakeholders to prepare their annual budget
- Manage multiple currency transactions and be able to explain the impacts of these as part of the budget
- Understand and account for VAT
- Manage the Profit & Loss
- Intelligently question and support operations
- Provide updates on the status of reconciliations, outstanding accruals and final invoices to both the Financial Reporting Manager and at meetings with operations
- Presentation to senior commercial stakeholders
As a part-qualified accountant studying ACA ACCA or CIMA. with demonstrable experience of managing complex month end processes to tight deadlines and management accounting experience. You will be competent and comfortable in using Microsoft Excel to maintain and develop spreadsheets to manage complex financial information.
The role requires an energetic, enthusiastic approach, the ability to challenge the status quo and the gravitas to build strong business relationships.