Up to £27000.00 per annum
6 months ago
IT Support Technician - Nottingham - Salary £27k per annum
Cherry Professional are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Support Technician for their respected Nottingham based client. You will provide hardware and software support to users over multiple sites, you will be responsible for maintaining computer networks and infrastructure, PC's, printers and peripherals.
A technical background, professional and friendly attitude is a must for this position with the ability to work calmly under pressure. The business operates with a Windows and OSX environment, and also within a mainly cloud based infrastructure.
- Installing and configuring new technology to be used by the company, such as hardware, operating systems, and programs or applications.
- Giving regular maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems.
- Providing assistance to company staff with technology-related issues
- Setting up profiles, emails, and assisting in all password-related issues for all software including the ERP system
- Running security checks on all systems
- Providing network and infrastructure support
- GDPR data security compliance
- Conducting electrical safety tests on all systems.
- Assisting with other hardware including telephone, EPOS systems, conference room equipment, mobile phones and tablets.
- Writing ad hoc reports as requested by the senior management team
Key competencies & skills should include:
- Experience working in a similar technical role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skill
- Personal and professional integrity
- Competent with troubleshooting computer issues
- Work well in a team environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good PC/Mac diagnostic skills, including trouble shooting network issues
- A personable and positive can-do attitude with a passion for IT
- Knowledge of standard IT Security practices and GDPR
- Desirable knowledge of NetSuite ERP system
- Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows Server 2012; Hyper V, DHCP and Active Directory
- Synology NAS
- Administer backups and archives.
- Assist with the creation and review of IT policies and processes.
- Liaise with third party suppliers and manage Service Level Agreements
- Self-motivated and desire to learn new skills on a daily basis with a positive, enthusiastic approach
Cherry Professional are advertising this role on behalf of the client.