£55000 - £60000 per annum
28 days ago
Internal Controls Manager | 12 Month Fixed Term Contract | Derby
Operating at the forefront of their market, our client is looking to recruit an Internal Controls Manager for a 12 Month Fixed Term contract. This is a newly created role and offers the opportunity to work closely with Finance and the wider business to implement a new risk based compliance framework.
Aim of the role;
The overall objective is to, based on existing experience and having successfully led similar projects, develop, propose and implement a risk based compliance framework that primarily satisfies SOX compliance but can be leveraged for wider risk and compliance requirements.
If successful, this compliance framework will be fully adopted by the organisation, with ‘easy as possible’ ongoing effort to maintain the Risk & Controls framework.
- Overall responsibility for the execution and delivery of the internal audit cycle and action plan
- Document procedures and controls to prevent internal controls risks
- Set internal controls policies in accordance with company internal control framework
- Implement continuous internal control effectiveness
- Provide recommendations to management and follow up implementation of action plans
- Ensure adequate internal controls requirements are considered in all projects
- Develop internal control awareness throughout the business unit with communication and animation
- Increase internal control awareness in the management team
- Facilitate external and internal audit arrangements
Experience and Qualifications;
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience in Financial/Management/Internal Controls and Accounting
- Sufficient seniority and gravitas to influence key decision makers and drive the initiative
- Strong Risk & Compliance background with a proven track record in developing and implementing risk based compliance and control frameworks
- Experience in developing highly efficient and targeted approaches for SOX compliance
Sound interesting? If so, click apply or get in touch for any further information.
This role is in a highly accessible location and is easily commutable from Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.
Roles you may have applied for include, Risk and Assurance Manager, Financial Controls Manager, Internal Auditor