HR Manager | Derbyshire | £45,000 - £50,000 | 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Cherry Professional are currently working exclusively to recruit an experienced HR Manager to support an international organisation based in Derbyshire. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop the HR function within the UK business unit from one of reactive administrative support to a strong, proactive function that supports the growing needs of the business. This is a hands-on role as you will need to implement and run all HR processes within the UK Business Unit.
- Develop and standardise (where feasible) the company’s HR processes such that they reflect best practice and employment law requirements. These must also be suitable for the size of the business and its growth ambitions.
- Manage the recruitment of new hires to meet group objectives.
- Develop and implement the appraisal process so employees have clear objectives that are in line with business objectives and so these are actively monitored.
- Manage onboarding for new starters and owning the processes to ensure people are correctly set up and properly inducted into the business.
- Manage leavers process to include exit interviews with appropriate action taken on lessons learned.
- Develop a retention plan that helps the organisation achieve their staffing objectives.
- Develop and implement training and leadership plan to identify any training needs and succession planning areas that can be addressed.
- Champion employee engagement - develop and implement initiatives.
- Provide strategic and tactical input into compensation review and benefits programme and then leading any activities.
- Develop, analyse and report on people data including developing KPIs to make appropriate recommendations and influence actions.
- Support the management team in any performance management and corrective action and provide any coaching as required.
- Monthly reporting required to Group Chief Executive along with ad hoc requests and projects.
- Work with Finance Director and external payroll administrator to ensure people are paid correctly and all payments and adjustments are authorised.
- Manage the fleet of vehicles with support as required from the Receptionist/Administrator.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR support in the Business Unit.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A strong generalist HR background with proven knowledge and expertise in each area.
- Happy to deliver a full HR service from administration to working with the management teams.
- Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development and knowledge of current trends within HR practice.
- Experience in implementing people management development and processes.
- Experience in talent acquisition and creating resource plans.
- Ability to quickly build professional relationships that establish rapport, trust, respect, competence, and confidence across the organisation.
- Innovative self-starter with the ability to embrace change.
- Superb presentation, verbal/written communication, and listening skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products.