£27000 - £28000 per annum
about 1 month ago
HR Advisor | 12 month Fixed Term Contract | Nottingham | Up to £28,000
Cherry Professional are currently recruiting for a well known Education provider in Nottingham. The role of the HR Advisor is to provide comprehensive clerical support as well as clear and accurate advice on HR and ER related issues. A strong knowledge and passion for employment law and HR best practise is essentail for this role.
- Advise on policies and procedures ensuring any associated paperwork is complete.
- Advise on day-to-day employee relations issues, ensuring they are dealt with fairly and in line with policy, employment law and best practice.
- Support the HR Manager in providing a full recruitment service
- Preparation of offer letters, contracts of employment and other documents using standard documents available.
- Undertake vetting checks for all staff and volunteers which includes references, medicals, checking the right to work in the UK and DBS check
- Production and follow up of probation and appraisal (performance review and development) documentation to ensure these processes are carried out within the required timescales.
- Creation of documentation associated with changes in staff contracts once approval has been received.
- As directed by the HR Manager report all pay changes to the Financial Accountant.
- Input of data associated with timesheets, sickness absence, annual leave requests and any other data in a timely manner.
- Running of regular reports from the human resources system as required by the HR Manager.
- To take minutes at meetings, investigations and hearings as required.
- Undertaking of routine administrative duties including photocopying, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail, ordering stationary and equipment.
- Maintenance of the human resources filing system, including both current and leavers files and archiving documents as required.
- Deputising for the HR Manager in her absence.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as required commensurate with the level of the position.
- To keep up to date with legal and regulatory issues relevant to Human Resources in education settings.
- CIPD Level 5 qualified
- Experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of Absence reporting
- Ability to hold confidences, to work with a high level of confidentiality and discretion and able to manage sensitive issues
- Ability to work within a small team, within prescribed guidelines and using own initiative.
- Ability to organise and prioritise conflicting tasks, meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to maintain and develop effective administrative systems.
- Experience of working within an education setting
- An understanding of the concept of internal and external customer services and the importance of providing this to ensure a successful school.
- Knowledge and experience of compliance issues in education.
Other roles you may have applied for: Senior HR Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Manager, HR Business Partner.