£80000 - £90000 per annum
4 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Procurement for a leading manufacturer in Derbyshire. As Head of Procurement you will be accountable for managing the regional procurement that is both technical and supply complexity.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Accountable for the overall management of regional procurement.
- Leads the process of regional supply market understanding, supplier search and selection, contracting and ongoing supplier relationship management for raw materials, packaging components, third party contract manufacturing, third party logistics and non-inventory purchases for the European region.
- Develops a deep level of understanding of the global and regional supply base and identifies areas of opportunity to drive cost, innovation, risk management and other value-added elements of a supplier relationship in the regions.
- Develops strategic alliances with a select group of suppliers to assure supply continuity and responsiveness in supply of required materials, and a preferred status in the presentation of new technologies and opportunities, while creating an advantaged cost position.
- Develops and maintains supply contingency plans, an understanding of alternate supply sources and balanced risk approach to business awards to maintain a healthy level of mutual importance with the supplier and minimize instances of sole sourcing
- Leads and develops the European Procurement organization.
- Alignment of the European procurement strategy and organisation with the wider procurement organisation.
- Purchasing or Supply Chain certifications
- Minimum of 7 years of Product Supply, Finance and/or Procurement experience
- Strong leadership and team development competences / experience to raise the capability of the European procurement organisation.
- Business experience in Manufacturing, Engineering and/or RD&E in a supplier facing role
- Ability to deal with rapidly changing demands and gain clarity from ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong Political Acumen
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to develop business cases and strategic business plans
If you are interested in this Head Of Procurement role, Please apply straight away.