City and Borough of Birmingham
£50000 - £60000 per annum
19 days ago
Head of Finance | Growing SME | North West Birmingham | Salary c£60k + strong benefits
Are you a commercially minded accountant seeking a role with the opportunity to directly impact decision making? Would you thrive in a newly created role working closely with the Directors with a high degree of visibility? Would be keen to undertake an opportunity involving potential 'M&A' activity and the opportunity to progress to FD level?
If so, I am currently working on an outstanding opportunity where you will not only take over day to day management of a small accounts function, but you will become an asset to the business by providing the Directors with insight, analysis and monthly management accounts to help them grow and scale the business.
Due to the size and entrepreneurial spirit of the business decision making will be informed yet swift and decisive. The day-to-day accounting requirements will be covered by the existing team however you will oversee and remain ultimately responsible for it.
- The preparation of month end management accounts and VAT returns
- Present monthly management accounts to the Board
- Ensure the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations-
- Manage the group audit process and liaise with external partners
- Oversee the preparation of year end group consolidated statutory accounts
- Manage, mentor and motivate the finance team
- Support the development of budgets, forecasts and cash-flow
- Contribute to company financial strategy and decision-making processes
- Undertake financial analysis and reporting
- Ensure robust financial systems and controls are in place
- Developing forecasting models (P+L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Group cash management
What will you need to be considered?
- You will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- You will have the experience and ability to act with the initiative required to be a success in a newly created role
- Excellent communicator and presenter at all levels
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues
If you have the required experience please get in touch or click apply to find out more.