£85000 - £90000 per annum
26 days ago
Cherry Professional are currently supporting a vibrant, high growth, Financial Services company based in Nottingham in their search for a for a first-class finance professional to join as Head of Finance.
Supporting the CFO and working alongside the CEO, this role requires an experienced, qualified accountant to take responsibility for managing financial controls, delivering accurate and timely reporting to stakeholders; and manage the team's readiness for planned technology changes.
- Work alongside the senior team in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Provision of quality technical and analytical support to the CFO
- Work closely and develop good working relationships with the Directors
- Take full responsibility for the constant management and improvement of financial systems
- Help create an environment of continuous improvement to ensure the business has a robust infrastructure and a finance function that is best in class
- Assisting with fundraising and financial due diligence
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Work alongside the CEO on all financial and planning matters
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strategic vision and agility, ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends and incorporate them into the organisational plan
- A strong team leader with experience in co-ordinating a team's day to day activity, managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Results driven, proven track record in exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation
- Strong financial literacy, able to analyse and develop complex budgets
- Excellent communicator at all levels, able to establish strong relationships across the business
- Prior experience in Insurance or Financial Services, within an FCA regulatory environment preferable
- Hands on pragmatic approach
Offering circa £90,000 base, plus package incl. bonus, benefits & medical insurance
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.