£45000 - £55000 per annum
11 days ago
Head of Finance | Education Sector | Nottingham | Salary c£55,000 + benefits
The client is a well-established Academy Trust with a diverse range of schools within the group. The focus is on providing all with a high quality education regardless of a child’s background.
As such they are now looking to appoint a new Head of Finance who will take overall stewardship of the Trust finances and form a key part of the senior management team.
This represents an excellent opportunity for a senior finance professional with a passion for education who is looking to make an impact. The role would also suit an individual who is both an experienced hands on accountant, enjoys dealing with a variety of stakeholders and enjoys getting involved with strategy and growth plans etc.
The Role …
- Provide leadership and management of the Trust’s finances and financial activities on a daily basis
- Assume operational responsibility to ensure the trust remains fully adherent and compliant with legislation, contractual obligations and Trust policy
- Assume key position in the management team, develop strategy across all areas of the business, bringing a holistic financial viewpoint to discussions and facilitating decision making, as appropriate.
- To providing financial planning, analysis and guidance on all activities, plans and targets as set by the board.
The Ideal Candidate …
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- 5 years+ Experience in a Senior finance position ideally with management
- Experience of dealing with organisational change
- Diligent Accountant able to fulfil all the necessary accounting obligations expected of the trust.
- A proactive problem solver
- A resilient and effective leader
- An Advocate for change
- Experience / appreciation of education sector useful
Other roles you might have applied for: Head of Finance, Finance Manager, Finance Director, CFO, FD, Group Financial Controller, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications