£80000 - £85000 per annum
0115 922 2240
12 days ago
Head of Finance | Nottingham | Up to £80,000 + 7k Car Allowance + 25% Bonus
An outstanding opportunity to join a leading, innovative, high growth business based in Nottingham. Off the back of what has been another record year for the business they are now seeking an ambitious ACA/CIMA/ACCA Qualified Head of Finance to join their established finance team.
As their subject matter expert on all things balance sheet related, you’ll support the business in its day-to-day management reporting, as well as develop and implement polices and process's to ensure controls and information security are best in class. Reporting into the Finance Director, you will also be supporting the Board with key financial performance information - actively contributing towards the drive to improve profitability.
This pivotal role delivers reporting of business performance to internal and external stakeholder and working with business area owners to deliver accurate and timely management information. The role is broad, suiting an autonomous individual who enjoys working across the business to progress reporting and processes in an ever-evolving environment. To this end, they want someone with the prior knowledge to be able to own these processes and stamp their own mark on the reporting processes that underpin the foundations for their ambitious growth agenda.
They like people who can ‘think outside the box’ in their team. Whilst being technically strong, you will need to bring a real business acumen and be able to consider the commercial accounting impacts as well as technical impacts for decisions within the business. An analytical mindset will be key in this role, and you’ll need to be a confident communicator who is able to clearly and simply communicate the impact and reasoning of accounting treatment to the most senior non-financial stakeholders.
Their ever-expanding business changes by the day. As such, you’ll be used to operating on the front foot and will be in touch with the operational side of the business to ensure they reflect and respond to changes quickly and efficiently. As a high growth business entering new markets this role also offers lots of opportunity to get involved with one off projects, and you will regularly partner with other cross-functional areas of the business.
This is a truly career defining role for someone passionate about both the technical and business sides of Finance looking for an opportunity to play an important part in a highly rated, growing team. In return for your hard work, they’ll provide you with lots of opportunity for progression across the breadth of Finance.
Who the client is looking for...
* A creative big thinker to help achieve ambitious plans
* A Qualified ACA/ACMA/ACCA accountant with 5 years’ PQE
* Previous experience in researching and implementing new accounting or reporting standards - up to date knowledge of UK GAAP
* Experience of treasury management and cashflow forecasting
* Consolidations experience within a group finance function
* Must have experience within a head office or group finance function of a large scale business
* Experience in reviewing financial information and able to review from both a technical and analytical standpoint
* Ambitious and driven, used to working in a fast-paced environment – they’re looking for someone who will put their hand up to be involved with team projects and try their hand at new things
* Ability to roll your sleeves up and get on with tasks on your own when required as well as being able to effectively work as part of a team and deliver through others
- Up to £80,000 + 7k Car Allowance + 25% Bonus + Flexible Working + Further Benefits
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.
Due to Covid-19 please expect increased waiting times with all applications