£80000 - £85000 per annum
0115 922 2240
15 days ago
Exciting opportunity to join a high-growth privately owned group in the East Midlands as Group Tax Manager in a newly created role.
In the past 2 years, this business has more than doubled in size, dramatically increasing both their revenues and workforce, and they're predicting the same amount of growth in the next 2 + years.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial (c£70million turnover) environment backed by a large private investor. During this period of growth you will be taking control of their in-house tax requirements and working with the Leadership Team to drive their tax strategy.
Although they're on the larger side, this is absolutely not a corporate environment, it's relaxed dress when in the office, the team enjoy a flexible working schedule and an open plan office environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach.
As Group Tax Manager, you will be responsible for creating and overseeing an in-house tax function, playing a vital part in developing and implementing the tax strategy of the Group.
Working closely with existing external advisors, as well as internal senior stakeholders across the finance function and Joint Venture Investors, the Group Tax Manager will ensure that tax compliance and reporting is well managed. In addition to this, the Group Tax Manager will also spearhead tax projects and act as an ambassador for the Group, communicating key initiatives and driving the message of the importance of sound tax management.
Salary will be up to £85,000 plus excellent benefits including a 10% bonus, BUPA private medical, Life Assurance and VERY flexible working - Home & Office based (up to 90% from home if required).
The ideal candidate will work with the Senior Leadership Team to influence strategy and business outcomes, offering expert advice and interpretation, presenting options to resolve problems and exploit opportunities and support informed decision-making.
- The Group Tax Manager is a newly created role to support the continued expansion of the business, and will be responsible for managing the tax compliance and planning for the Group.
- The role covers all relevant taxes including VAT, corporation tax, employment taxes, transfer taxes etc.
- The role will liaise with professional advisors on specialised tax areas and interact extensively with the Joint Venture Partners and their tax departments and/or advisors.
- The role will help develop the appropriate Finance Department expertise, controls and policies to ensure that taxes are correctly managed and reported as well as develop the longer-term tax strategies of the businesses.
- The role will report directly to the CFO and will require a great deal of autonomy and leadership.
- Professionally Qualified in Tax or Accountancy (ACA and/or CTA).
- Excellent relationship building, stakeholder management, prioritisation, organisation, communication, research and reasoning skills will be key – as will as the ability to apply tax technical knowledge to real world business situations
- Experience of in-house tax would be beneficial
What’s on offer…
- The company provides a first-class working environment - very modern offices coupled with plenty of flexibility & huge potential for personal and professional growth as they continue to grow
- £85,000 plus excellent benefits including a 10% bonus, BUPA private medical, Life Assurance, and VERY flexible working - Home & Office based (up to 95% from home if required).
Jobs you may have applied for include Group Tax Manager, Head of Tax, Senior Tax Manager, Tax Accountant, Tax Advisor.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client