£65000 - £75000 per annum
8 months ago
Group Financial Reporting Manager - North Nottingham - £65,000 - £75,000
An outstanding opportunity to join a leading, innovative, international retail business based in North Nottingham. Due to continued growth they are now seeking an ambitious ACA/ICAEW Qualified Group Financial Reporting Manager to join their dynamic finance team.
As their subject matter expert on all things balance sheet related, you'll support the business in the day-to-day financial reporting, and will take the lead in preparing and researching in relation to their external Financial Reporting. Reporting into the Group Financial Controller you will take ownership of the development and implementation of a new consolidations process for the businesses.
This pivotal role delivers reporting of business performance to internal and external stakeholders working with business area owners to deliver accurate and timely financial reporting. The role is broad, suiting an autonomous individual who enjoys working across the business to progress reporting and processes in an ever-evolving environment.
They like people who think outside the box in their Finance team. Whilst being technically bright, you will need to bring strong business acumen and be able to consider the commercial accounting impacts as well as technical impacts for the business. An analytical mindset will be key in this role, and you'll need to be a confident communicator who is able to clearly and simply communicate the impact and reasoning of accounting treatment to the most senior non-financial stakeholders.
Their ever-expanding business changes by the day. As such, you'll be used to operating on the front foot and will be in touch with the operational side of the business to ensure you reflect and respond to changes quickly and efficiently. As a high growth business entering new markets the role also offers lots of opportunity to get involved with one off projects, and you will regularly partner with other cross-functional areas of their business.
This is a truly career defining role for someone passionate about both the technical and business sides of Finance looking for an opportunity to play an important part in a highly rated, growing team. In return for your hard work, they'll provide you with lots of opportunity for progression across the breadth of Finance.
Who the client is looking for...
- A qualified ACA accountant with 4-6 years' PQE from the Big 4 or with technical experience in industry post practice
- Experience in detailed review or preparation of UK premium listed financial statements is essential
- Previous experience in researching and implementing new accounting or reporting standards
- Experience in reviewing financial information and able to review from both a technical and analytical standpoint
- Ambitious and driven, used to working in a fast-paced environment - they're looking for someone who will put their hand up to be involved with team projects and try their hand at new things
- Ability to role your sleeves up and get on with tasks on your own when required as well as being able to effectively work as part of a team and deliver through others
- Our client offers flexible working and an excellent remuneration package including a competitive salary, pension and flexi time.
- Up to £70,000 + Car Allowance + Private Healthcare
Jobs you may have applied for include Group Financial Accountant, Group Reporting Accountant, Financial Controller, Senior Manager.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.