£45000 - £55000 per annum
0115 922 2240
28 days ago
Group Financial Controller | Nottingham | Exclusive to Cherry
Great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a successful multi site SME with clear growth plans. You’ll be the number two in finance for this £35m turnover business reporting directly into the FD, currently the finance team sits at 5 people but this is likely to grow in the coming months.
The business has enjoyed 25% YOY growth for the past 4 years and with expected growth of 50% over the next 2 years this is the ideal time for an ambitious accountant to join. To compliment the level of expansion they are experiencing, they are looking to recruit a Financial Controller who can support them through their next phase of growth.
They like people who think outside the box in their Finance team. Whilst being technically astute, you will need to bring strong business acumen and be able to consider the commercial impact of decisions on the business. An analytical mindset will be key in this role, and you’ll need to be a confident communicator who is able to clearly and simply communicate the impact and reasoning of accounting treatment to the most senior non-financial stakeholders.
Offering up to £55,000 + Bonus + Pension + Life Assurance x4 + Flexibility to work from home (50/50, home office split)
- Finalisation of group monthly management accounts (incorporating P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement) and full inter-company reconciliation
- Supervision of finance team (5 in UK)
- Production of monthly financial and non-financial KPIs
- Review weekly cash flow projection ahead of board review
- Oversee, maintain and develop the compliance and controls environment
- Preparation of ad hoc analyses as required
- Liaison with external auditors and tax advisers to produce annual statutory returns
- Ad hoc projects e.g. development of IT systems
You’ll have a real appetite and curiosity for detail, and a proactive approach to ‘go find’, understanding what’s important and making things happen.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Strong technical grounding with experience and a good knowledge of bookkeeping including consolidation accounting, balance sheets and cash-flow procedures
- Experience of international group accounting and FX accounting involving multi currency
- Demonstrable experience of working in a SME business
- Candidates will have an eye for detail, be strong verbal & written communicators, will have the maturity and gravitas to work at up to Board level and seek to work for a company offering both a positive culture and a strong work life balance
Jobs you may have applied for may include Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Group Accountant, Group Financial Controller, Financial Reporting Manager.