£75000 - £100000 per annum
5 months ago
Finance Director | Leicester | Retail | Group Owned | £75,000 - £100,000 + Package
Cherry Professional are delighted to be partnering with an established brand in the retail sector on a confidential basis to recruit their next Group Finance Director. The successful candidate will work within a growing fast paced environment managing the function through a period of change and transformation - This is not for the faint hearted!
You will need to develop and upskill the existing team, streamline and implement improved practices and controls. You will need to find calm in a period of chaos with a group of companies that operate on different systems and in differing ways. This role is critical as the business moves to tackle testing market conditions and will play a direct part in the strategic commercial decision making of the UK business moving forwards. You will report to UK MD and be responsible for all aspects of finance from management information to cash flow management, from raising funding and managing relationships to being involving in acquisitions.
As the Finance Director you will need to be competent in financial projections, scenario planning and risk management. These skills will be required to engage fully in the strategic dialogue at board level.
Summary of the Role
- Responsible for the day to day management of a small finance team
- Production of accurate business accounts
- Detailed cash flow analysis, providing board level dashboard of key information in a concise and engaging manner
- Monthly production of board packs with presentation at the monthly board meetings
- Produce sales and profit forecast, budgets and GAP analysis
- Production of all statutory submissions to meet with the requirements of the companies act, ensuring that all accounts are suitably audited and signed off each year
- Development and implementation of financial policies, systems and procedures
- Responsible for the performance management and development of the finance team
- Suitable applicant will ideally be fully qualified (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Must have a strong background in finance (+10 years) with the ability to demonstrate a really a strong technical profile along with strong commercial background
- Experience of multi-site UK operations
- FMCG experience would be beneficial (multi-site experience)
You will need to be able to work as part of an ambitious board with an engaging MD who is driven to take advantage of the multi-billion market they operate in.
Other roles you might have applied for will include: Finance Director (FD), Group Finance Director, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Head of Finance, Financial Controller, Finance Manager Site Financial Controller, Managing Director (MD), and General Manager (GM)