£40000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
Group Accountant | Nottingham | Offering up to £45,000 + Benefits
Cherry Professional are currently supporting a highly acquisitive US owned business in their search for a qualified Group Accountant.
Offering up to £45,000 + 10% Bonus + 6% Pension + Full BUPA Healthcare + Life Assurance x4
The vacancy for the Group Accountant will see the incumbent work as part of a small team, reporting in to the Group Reporting Manager - duties will include:
- Preparation of the Group's consolidated audited financial statements.
- Assist with the annual audit, including working directly with external auditors and requests
- Develop, document and implement accounting policies to ensure adherence to all relevant accounting standards and reporting requirements, as well as legal and taxation requirements.
- Prepare subsidiary statutory accounts for UK entities
- Prepare monthly Group consolidation and management accounts
- Drive process improvement and system development to make the day to day job more efficient
- Work directly with cross-functional stakeholders to solve accounting problems to support the start-up activities
- Provide technical support across the group, including FRS102 and tax.
- Ad hoc projects e.g. review of CapEx proposals, development of IT systems
You'll have a real appetite and curiosity for detail, and a proactive approach to 'go find', understanding what's important and making things happen.
The ideal Group Accountant will be a Big 4 / Top 20 trained ACA/ACCA; the role would suit someone looking to move from practice who is bright & technically aware and who ideally possesses some experience of consolidations. Candidates will have an eye for detail, be strong verbal & written communicators, will have the maturity and gravitas to work at up to Board level and who seek to work for a company offering both a positive culture and a strong work life balance.
Cherry Professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client