£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum + Benefits
5 months ago
Are you a Finance Graduate, looking for your first role as a Financial Reporting Assistant? If so then the below represents an exciting career opportunity to work alongside a great finance team in a rapidly growing Nuneaton based retail business, providing management information and compiling all necessary reports for an organisation that turns over in excess of £400m per annum.
They are offering £20,000-£22,000 basic + corporate benefits.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Supporting the business by providing Profit and Loss analysis
- Streamline processes and automate or simplify procedures ( such as manual fixed asset processing and reducing journal count to produce monthly accounts)
- Carry out the Stock file at month end
- Support the Fixed asset register maintenance including Work-In-Progress
- Help with the fixed asset accrual for all entities (across countries). Ensure invoice accrual is maintained and follow up with Accounts Payable for aged invoices that are yet to be processed
- Responsible for calculating and posting loan interest between intercompany entities
- Improve efficiencies with statutory year end preparation by implementing monthly reporting
- Interacting with the Treasury team to ensure the correct rates are used. Helping with the ongoing improvement of intercompany reconciliations
- Ensuring the fixed assets are coded correctly by managing relationships between reporting and accounts payable
- Carrying out audit related requests to support the financial reporting manager.
- Improving efficiencies with regards
What the ideal Candidate would look like;
- AAT qualified / Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of Oracle would be advantageous
- Strong Excel skills
- Thrives in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Detail orientated with a commercial mind-set
- Self-motivated and can multi-task
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels
Jobs you may have applied for may include Assistant Accountant, Analyst, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, and Assistant Financial Accountant.
If this sounds like your ideal next step or indeed an improved version of your current position then please click 'apply' or get in touch for further information.