£70000 - £75000 per annum
8 days ago
Cherry Professional are delighted to be partnered with a highly profitable and growing business based in Derby in their search for a Financial Controls Manager for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. Day rates will also be considered.
As Financial Controls Manager, you will undertake the task of leading a major Financial Controls project, involving scoping around 150 key controls effectively and putting them in place.
You'll be reporting into the Head of Finance who is genuinely passionate about the project and driving change. He is incredibly down to earth and runs a great team. The project will be reported to board level.
The Financial Controls Manager will work closely with the Risk and Assurance Manager and will get under the skin of the current controls and expand them from 5% to 100% ready to hand over to the internal audit team early 2022.
The successful applicant will have experience in successfully over hauling and writing a whole controls process previously with a strong background in Audit.
This is a great opportunity to put already practiced skills and knowledge in place and make the role your own, working closely with the whole Finance function to gain understanding of what controls need to be in place.
- Run the Financial Controls Project from start to finish, working closely with the Risk and Assurance Manager, mapping processes and taking ownership of the entire project
- Review current controls, expand and change them to align them with current turnover and business activity
- Investigating current processes
- Working closely with the Finance function to ensure each control is mapped correctly and the processes are clean and audit ready
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Proven experience in building new controls into a Finance Function
- Audit and Controls background with demonstrable track record of controls process mapping
- Significant experience identifying areas of improvements and implementing new controls
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sarbanes Oxley would be advantageous (SOx)
Jobs you may have applied for include Audit Manager, Financial Controller, Risk and Assurance Manager