£55000 - £60000 per annum
0115 922 2240
22 days ago
Financial Controller | Derby | Exclusive to Cherry | Offering up to £55,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
The FD is looking for a proactive, energetic, and passionate individual, who is a team player and commercially astute. Ideally, you will be a 'hands-on' business driver who is absolutely committed to both personal and corporate growth.
You'll have full P&L responsibility for a £40 million turnover subsidiary of a larger group with ambitious growth plans. Although they're on the larger side, this is absolutely not a corporate environment, it's relaxed dress, the team enjoy a flexible working schedule and an open plan office environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach.
Offering up to £55,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Further Benefits
Our client is looking to recruit an exceptional Financial Controller who will work closely with the MD and Commercial Director in this high profile role. The main responsibility of the role will be the effective delivery of financial reporting and controls along with the management of the Finance Team of 3 people. Critically, the role will ensure the appropriate controls are in place, as well as developing and enhancing the systems and eventually supporting and managing the financial direction of this business.
You will be responsible for reviewing the monthly management accounts and providing all the back end commentaries which will be presented to the Senior Leadership Team and internal stakeholders, working with the FD to determine commercial insight.
Essentially, this role will require a qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA accountant. The incumbent will have a natural flair and ability to challenge and influence senior stakeholders and a desire to manage in a changing and fast-paced environment. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for someone possibly looking to make a step up or a move across and make a difference in a company that is going through a period of significant transformation.
- Build, mentor, motivate and train the Finance Team of 3 to deliver a strong financial service which adds value to the business
- Full ownership of, and accountability for the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Undertaking detailed / 'deep dive’ financial analysis using advanced Excel and financial modelling skills to provide business insight and support to ensure the business meets its performance objectives
- Work with the leadership team at various levels to set targets, develop strategies, define and/or refine operating models, procedures and guidance necessary to ensure continuity across pricing actions and decision-making.
- Ad-hoc and planned projects to improve controls, systems, methods and the accuracy of information
- Commercial support to the FD to enable business growth and development.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified
- An eye for detail, with a keen business brain, comfortable making recommendations for improvements.
- Well presented confident and outgoing with strong communication skills and comfortable being challenged on the day to day operations.
- A hands on, commercially aware individual, with excellent IT skills (Excel/Dynamics useful), experiences of change management & process improvement useful as well.