£50000 - £55000 per annum
0115 922 2240
28 days ago
Great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a successful multi-site family-owned SME with clear growth plans.
You’ll be the number one in finance for a highly profitable £25m turnover business, reporting directly into the MD, currently the finance team sits at 5 people but this is likely to grow in the coming months.
The business has enjoyed 10% YOY growth for the past 4 years and with expected growth of 20% over the next year this is the ideal time for an ambitious accountant to join. To complement the level of expansion they are experiencing, they are looking to recruit a Financial Controller who can support them through their next phase of growth.
They like people who think outside the box in their Finance team. Whilst being technically astute, you will need to bring strong business acumen and be able to consider the commercial accounting impacts as well as technical impacts for the business. An analytical mindset will be key in this role, and you’ll need to be a confident communicator who is able to clearly and simply communicate the impact and reasoning of accounting treatment to the most senior non-financial stakeholders.
Offering up to £55,000 + 10-15% Bonus + Pension + Flexible working (home & office based)
The vacancy for the Financial Controller will see the incumbent work as part of a small team, reporting into the MD - duties will include:
- Management & mentoring of finance team: 4 direct reports
- Controlling month end process ensuring all deliverables prepared by agreed deadlines
- Data modelling and analysis to drive Director’s decision making
- Drive efficiencies in the finance team resulting in shorter reporting timescales
- Continual review of departmental allocations of costs, challenging divisional heads over costs
- Providing financial guidance and support to colleagues on accounting processes
- Driving continuous improvement in systems & controls
- Managing external financial audit process & liaison with ISO external auditors
You’ll have a real appetite and curiosity for detail, and a proactive approach to ‘go find’, understanding what’s important and making things happen.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified
- Strong technical grounding with experience and a good knowledge of bookkeeping including consolidation accounting, balance sheets and cash-flow procedures.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a SME business
- Candidates will have an eye for detail, be strong verbal & written communicators, will have the maturity and gravitas to work at up to Board level and seek to work for a company offering both a positive culture and a strong work life balance.
Jobs you may have applied for may include Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Group Accountant.