Part Time Financial Controller | Nottingham | Initially 1-2 days per week
Cherry Professional are excited to be working with a dynamic new start up business in Nottingham. This newly created role offers unique flexibility for an experienced accountant looking for an exciting Part-Time Financial Controller opportunity. Reporting to the MD, you will be based initially from home and later in Nottingham. The successful applicant will have responsibility for establishing the finance function in-house and creating a framework which enables future growth.
- The position is part–time (initially 1-2 days per week, with an opportunity to increase as the business grows). This role requires a qualified or qualified by experience finance professional, with a previous experience in an all round finance role, such as Financial Controller, Finance Manager or Company Accountant, in an SME environment.
- As Financial Controller you will be working very closely with the MD and the rest of the board and will play a critical role in ensuring the overall effective financial management/reporting and actively contribute towards the financial planning and strategic growth of the organisation.
The day to day…
- Setting up and overseeing all financial processes, including payroll
- Play a key role in selecting and implementing a new accounting system
- Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of the management accounts and appropriate financial reports
- Managing and overseeing the preparation of all statutory returns, bookkeeping, VAT returns, reconciliations, and financial compliance
- Business Partnering; providing appropriate advice as and when required including financial planning, budgets, and forecasting
- Working closely and proactively with the board ensuring that the finance function becomes embedded in the business and provides value–add financial advice
- The successful applicant will thrive as part of a collaborative team as well as enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- Qualified Accountant, ACA / ACCA / CIMA or Qualified by experience
- Strong technical accounting skills and a hands on approach
- Experience of working in an SME is a must
- Applicants must be available at short notice
- This is a fantastic opportunity for a finance professional looking for an interesting and challenging role, that offers great flexibility