£70000 - £80000 per annum
0115 922 2240
12 days ago
Financial Controller | Nottingham | Exclusive to Cherry
Exciting opportunity to join a profitable privately owned group in Nottingham as a number one on-site Financial Controller. Offering between £70-80,000 + 9k Car Allowance + Bonus + Private Healthcare (Family) + Life Cover + Other Benefits.
With an impressive customer base, a strong pipeline of new business, and a proven track-record of growth, this is an ideal opportunity for someone used to working within a changing entrepreneurial environment. The Group FD needs someone with dynamism who can operate at senior leadership team level as well as handle the day to day management accounts/ reporting and finance function.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an energetic and forward-thinking senior leadership team in an expanding and fast-moving business. It goes without saying that you will need to have a passion for all things numerical, but you will also need to be confident and enthusiastic with strong leadership and influencing skills. As Financial Controller, you will have a key role to play in the future development of the company’s financial procedures.
You’ll work closely with the site MD in Nottingham & the Group Finance Director (not based in the UK), the Finance Team (currently 5 reports) and department managers, ensuring that finance facilitates the production of quality management accounts,as well as managing treasury including foreign exchange and overseeing tax calculations to defined timelines.
Their focus is to create a supportive, inclusive and collaborative culture in a great working environment, which contributes hugely to the happiness, positivity and general well-being of their people. Their culture fosters a laid back and friendly, yet professional and capable approach. The business has been working from home full time since March last year, however, the long-term plan is an even split of working from home and the office.
- Build, mentor, motivate and train the Finance Team to deliver a strong financial service that adds value to the business
- Full responsibility for Accounting & Systems development to improve the speed and quality of information and report on the KPIs of the business
- Responsibility for Management Accounting information including production of detailed commentary and analysis which will be used by the Senior Leadership Team to make decisions
- Manage cashflow, treasury, and banking relationships
- Ensure that all statutory reporting requirements and compliance are met
- Financial analysis including forecasting, budgeting and linking this to the financial strategic plan
- Ad-hoc and planned projects to improve controls, systems, methods and the accuracy of information
- Commercial support to the MD to enable business growth and development
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (At least 8 years post-qualification experience)
- Experience working across an international business in a divisional role as part of a larger group or a larger privately-owned SME
- Strong technical grounding with experience and a good knowledge of bookkeeping including consolidation accounting, balance sheets, treasury -foreign exchange, tax and cash-flow procedures
- Worked with leading financial software (Microsoft Dynamics AX, Navision, SAP, Oracle or similar)
- Evidence required of advanced Excel skills and the ability to reduce timescales for the production of the monthly Finance pack
- Experience with Data Analytics tools & solutions
- Experience working in either the Manufacturing/ Engineering sector is preferred
You may have experience of the following: Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Head of Finance etc.