£70000 - £75000 per annum
2 months ago
Exciting opportunity to join a high growth SME in Nottingham as their new Financial Controller.
In the past few years this business has more than quadrupled in size, dramatically increasing both their revenues and workforce, and they've got no intention of letting up.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an energetic and forward-thinking team in an expanding and fast-moving business. It goes without saying that you will need to have a passion for all things numerical, but you will also need to be confident, enthusiastic and forward thinking with strong leadership and influencing skills. As Financial Controller you will have a key role to play in the future development of the business's financial procedures as well as the identification and implementation of a new financial software solution.
You'll work closely with the current Finance Director, Finance team (currently 3 reports) and Department Managers, ensuring the financial processes and procedures facilitate the production of quality management accounts to defined timelines.
As well as…
- Assisting the Finance Director in overseeing all areas of finance and communicating any key issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in the scoping and development of a new financial software solution.
- Play an important role in expanding/integrating new businesses and opportunities.
- Month end routines to support the production of management accounts with focus on balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review and take responsibility for the ongoing development of financial controls & procedures
- Ensuring that debtors are managed, and regular debtor's reports are produced in conjunction with review meetings.
- Manage supplier expectations along with payments ensuring business service continuity
- Year End tax information to HMRC
- Preparation of statutory accounts and audit liaison responsibility
- Managing monthly payroll process flow to outsourced company and any associated responsibilities for 200+ employees
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (At least 8 years post-qualification experience)
- Experience in the IT/Software/Service industry
- Worked with leading financial software (Microsoft Dynamics AX, Navision, SAP, Oracle or similar)
- Proven Leader/ Team Manager
- Evidence required of strong Excel skills and the ability to reduce timescales for the production of monthly finance packs.
Please note, we can currently only consider candidates who are immediately available or on a maximum of 1 months' notice.
You may have experience of the following: Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Head of Finance etc.
Cherry professional are recruiting this role on behalf of the client.